We got a taxi up north to Dickenson Bay Area and stayed in a beaut Airbnb for the second half of Antigua. There’s been a tidal surge ( we always seem to get not the norm things on our travels) and so the ocean direction had changed to west to east. The waves were massive!
Must sees/do’s :
1. Stingray city. They guys there literally know them by name and they in turn, look for the blue shirts as they know they’ll get a squid feast! You can touch them and swim with them. They’re so graceful, flying through the water but cheeky too if you have food.
2. Long bay beach… the day we choose was packed as the cruise ships were in but the water was beaut and calm and they have some fun coloured beach huts.
3. Jolly harbour… we booked a trip for our own boat and a drop off at Kade’s reef. Some of the coral is still alive but a lot is graveyard like (cry). We didn’t see any nurse sharks as they are nocturnal so unless they want a midnight snack or have been trained to come for feeding, you shouldn’t be seeing them awake one during the day. The main harbour here is also lovely with a few cute cafes and shop to look around.
5. Castaway… this is a beach bar in Jolly harbour playing fun tunes and a great vibe. The food looked yum too although we didn’t eat there. The little curries with yogurt and Nan bread looked and smelt fab!
Swimsuit, Similar here
Sunglasses, Similar here
4. Ana’s on the beach…. a beautiful setting with your feet on the sand as you eat and a yummy lobster, but the service was not up there unfortunately!
Armlet, Boho queen
Sandals, saltwaters, Office, £59.99
Swimsuit, Topshop, Similar here
Straw hat, asos, Similar here
5. Jacqui O’s…. beach restaurant with cool decor that we had amazing burgers at.
Dress, Topshop £32
6. Grand casino…. this is in Dickinson’s Bay. It’s only small but we won $25 and so left while we were up!
Book your trip to Antigua!!!!! And, make sure you do my fave bit The stingrays
“I want to see you take the jackpot out the fruit machine, and put it all back in… you’ve got to understand that you can never beat the bandit no”
The Vogue Vet